Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The manuscript must not exceed 24 double-spaced pages that include references, tables, figures and other appendices.
- The required paper size is A4 (21.0 X 29.7)
- Page orientation required is portrait
- The required top and bottom margins are 1cm and 1cm respectively. While left and right margins are 1.3cm and 1.cm respectively.
- Page number should be inserted at the bottom right corner of the page using numbers 1-24.
- Diagrams, photographs, maps, drawings, and other illustrative materials should be labelled as Figures with a brief title placed immediately below it.
- A maximum of two tables or two figures could be placed on a page. For tables, there should be a number and brief title description above the table while for figures, the number and title description should be below the figure. Both tables and figures should be respectively and consecutively numbered throughout the manuscript in the order which they are referred to.
- APA referencing format should be adhered to.
- Footnotes where it is necessary should be placed at the end of the manuscript. They should be single-spaced and numbered consecutively throughout the manuscript
- Spellings should comply with Oxford English Dictionary standards.
- Abstract should be provided and must contain not more than 150 words with five key words of the study.
ArticlesSection default policy
IJSI is committed to protecting and where need arises, defending the intellectual rights of its authors. The journal does not condone intellectual fraud or infringement of any kind including plagiarism. It considers allegations of unethical practices as serious breach and deals with such in line with its in-house provisions. Such matters of breach and infringement once reported is referred to a sub-committee made up of two Consulting Editors, Legal Adviser, Editor-in-Chief and the Managing Editor, for consideration and further appropriate actions which may also include legal actions.
In line with the foregoing position of the journal, authors are required to enter into a valid agreement with IJSI where they retain their copyright but cede publishing and distribution rights to IJSI. This also include the right of IJSI to use online platforms to publish and distribute their articles. Authors are also required to cede their right to enable readers have free access to use and share their articles.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.